The blazing night took place on Friday, August 9th from in front of Metropolis, corner of Sainte-Catherine and Saint-Dominique. ATSA offers a direct encounter with the element of fire, recontextualized within the urban life of Montreal through the stories of people and buildings touched by its blaze. A non-narrative evening evoking the history of fire on the Main.
on the menu :
- L’American Spaghetti House in flames…
- Visit the first fire truck to arrive on the scene on February 24, 1959.
- The resurrection of Cinéma Ève, with a large-screen projection of a torrid visual montage…
- Live music by DJ Luc Raymond.
- Stéphane Crète and his Show Girls re-create the Red Light district, circa 1920 - 60.
- Fire-tamers Les Galapiats.
- Blacksmith Olivier Maranda: Bring a small object with you – transform it into your very own artifact !
Le feu, la ville (11 min)
Sur la rue Saint-Laurent (3 min 46s)
Stéphane Girouard in 2002